Description, demo added to site
February 11, 2005
PHPImage Debuts on SourceForge.net
NOTE: The full site is not yet available, so the above links don't work.
What is PHPImage?
PHPImage is a script that will take directories containing photos, and arrange them into an organized format in a web page. Key features of PHPImage include:
- Single web page design to prevent confusion
- Code allows for owner to integrate album with their website's design
- Ability to turn on or off multi-page albums (i.e. display contents all on one page, or divide into multiple pages)
- Ability to add titles and comments for each picture and each album
- Ability to show/hide album contents when viewing individual photos
- Customizable number of rows/columns for album
- Automatic thumbnail generation (requires GD to be installed)
- Thumbnails that "light up" on mouse hover
- Photo-by-photo navigation, as well as ability to jump to specific photo
To see an implementation of PHPImage, please click on the demo button at left. Please keep in mind that PHPImage is in beta. If there are any problems encountered, or if there is something you would like changed, please email us.
Where can I get PHPImage?
The current version of PHPImage (0.3.1) is NOT available for download at this time. Version 0.3.2 is currently in development, and both 0.3.1 and a beta version of 0.3.2 will be released in the coming days. The script will be available both from this page and from SourceForge.
Features currently planned for future releases include:
- Recently viewed images list (0.3.2)
- Ability to set maximum size for images displayed (0.3.2)
- Offer smaller image sizes for smaller resolution visitors (0.3.2)
- User interface to edit options, upload and manage photos (0.4.0)